How to Gift Multimedia books from the iBooks store: a step by step guide
You wish to give someone who has an iPad or a Mac the gift of a book, but you are at a loss as to how to do it. Here is a step by step guide for how to give a gift from the iBooks Store using an iPad and other devices. I will use the example of my children’s book, Viku and Haatee, a multi-touch, multimedia book (a great gift for the children in your life), but the procedure works for gifting any iBook. This will be an easy and painless way to give a book and save you time. It takes only a few clicks, which is great for last-minute shoppers. Books can even be sent to the recipient’s e-mail on a specific date – ‘just in time delivery’ for birthday’s and holidays.
1.How to give iBooks from an iOS device [iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch] and Mac with OS X v10.9 or higher
- Open iBooks and go to the Store
- Select the book you want to send as a gift
Type the name of the book or an author on the search area of your iPad; or you can tap on the “Featured” icon at the bottom of your screen, select a category of books and find the book.
- Tap the Share icon (the box with an arrow pointing up on the top right hand side of your iPad or on your device). A “Gift” icon will come up on the screen.
The following screen shot of my book, Viku and Haatee, shows the Gift icon.
If you tap the “Featured” icon on iPad, and scroll down to the bottom of the page, you will see a “Send Gift” button below the Quick Links.
- Tap on the “Gift” or “Send Gift” icon. Either way you will come to a site like this:
Write the email address of the person you are gifting the book. After that you can write a message to be delivered along with the book. Your iOS device may allow you to select a Theme for the gift [you select one of several pictures that come up on the device]. You can change the date of when the book is delivered by tapping on “Today”.
- Click Next. Buy and confirm your gift
- How to gift iBooks from a PC or an older Mac
- Go to iTunes on your PC or Mac
- On the Top left hand side you will see icons for Music, Movies, Three dots, etc. If you don’t see Books there, click on the Three dots icon; a drop down menu will appear with a list of items including Books. Click on “Books.” It will take you to the iTunes Store.
- Select the book you want to send as a gift.
Type the name of the book you want to give in the search area; or you can click “All Categories”, select a category of books and find a book in that category. I find it hard to find a book among so many books, so I suggest you use the Search button.
- After you select the book, tap on the menu next to “Buy Book” or the price and select “Gift this Book”.
- Sign in with your Apple ID and Password. Follow the prompts to send your gift (enter the recipients email address, etc).
- Buy and confirm your gift.